Youth Programme development
Scouting, (the activities), how it is done (the method) and the reason why it is done (the purpose)
The objective of the 10 Year development plan is to ensure that by the year 2011, all National Scout Organisations /Associations will have:
- Reviewed their Youth Programmes especially the adolescents age range in order to keep them relevant and attractive to the youth
- Put in place systems to ensure the revitalisation of the patrol system and the greater involvement of young people in selecting, managing and evaluating activities
- Produced with the assistance of the World Scout Bureua, Africa Regional Office, programme tools and activities to meet these objectives.
To provide an attractive Youth Programme that is relevant to the needs and aspirations of young people.
- Revise the Africa Core Programme using the Renewed Approach to Programme Development
- Hold zonal programme seminars to introduce the revised Africa Core Programme
- Hold national programme workshops to review Youth Programme in view of the revised Africa Core Programme.
- Produce and distribute to NSAs/NSOs programme support materials
- Provide modest funding for small projects
- Organise regular meetings of the Youth Programme sub committee whose mandate is to support the Africa Scout Committee in Programme development and review.
- Develop and implement, through NSAs/NSOs, special projects namely:
- Scouts' response in the fight against HIV/AIDS in Africa
- Scouts' involvement in peace education in Africa
- Extending Scouting to children in difficult circumstances in Africa