APR Chairman's Award
Terms of Reference governing the "Chairman's Award" for direct contributions to the regional operation
1. The Chairman's Award is awarded at the sole discretion of the APR Scout Committee Chairman subject to the following conditions:
a. The APR Scout Committee Chairman will base his/her selection on the recommendations placed before him/her by the Awards Committee.
b. The Award is presented for good service and invaluable contribution directly given to the APR operations to the NSOs.
c. The Award will be given to persons who have provided invaluable services to one or more of the following over a period of not less than six years:
• APR Scout Conference
• APR Scout Committees
• APR Sub-Committees
• APR Task Forces
• WSB/Geneva and APR Office
• World Scout Conference
• World Scout Committee
• International Development Agency
• Major Regional/International Event
d. The Chairman’s Award will be presented where possible at a Regional event or on occasion when the Chairman is visiting the awardees’ NSO. As a matter of courtesy each NSO should be advised in writing prior to the award being presented. Approval from the NSO is not required as the award is for service to the Asia Pacific region.
e. The Award will be made to both volunteer and professional Adults in Scouting.
f.The Awards Committee will make recommendation to the Chairman at least one month before the Award will be presented.
g. There is no maximum or minimum number of awards that may be made in one year.
2. Nomination shall be invited from the existing members of the APR Scout Committee including retiring members, Chairman of APR Sub-Committees and International Commissioners of all NSOs in the region at least six (6) months before the award presentation date.
3.Some geographical spread of the Medallion is desirable.
4. In case of death of the Scout/Scout Leader, posthumous award be presented/passed on to the members of the family.
5. The Award is the silver replica of the Asia-Pacific Regional Award for Distinguished Service. It is a silver plated bar with ribbon to be pinned on the left chest pocket of the Scout uniform.
6. When the actual award is not being worn, the holders may wear the special ribbon bar (cloth patch) above the uniform shirt pocket, subject to the rules of their National Scout Organization. The ribbon bar, similar in color to the award ribbons, has an APR Scout logo silver pin super imposed in the center. The size of the ribbon bar is 2 cms. x 5.5 cms. including border.
|Chairman's Award recipients|
Chairman's Award form.pdf 98,19 kB