This year the theme is Food Waste Think Eat Save
Save the Planet. Wasting food is wasting this planet
This was also the theme of the World Environment day where scouts made a few activities in Turkey and all over the world
Here is links to those activities given on Messengers of peace projects http://scoutmessengers.org/en/project/view/1317 http://scoutmessengers.org/en/project/view/1350
Link for rules 23th International Children Drawing CompetitionAt 2012 The gocerment kaunced a campaign for Wasted Bread. The web link for posters is http://www.ekmekisrafetme.com/Pages/Afisler.aspx
This web site is in Turkish
We recommend you to participate to this competition. If you wish You may post your work on our community page to share with othe communities
Also we invite you to use those drawings to make games. Like;
· Memory games with my Troop I use the photos on Environment and Peace related exhibition Some years I made Exhibitions after Competition is finalised Specially just before new year. (paitings of preevious year)
We made memory games
· Children love to make puzzles. Print them to A3 size. Paste on corrugulated carton boards from boxes. And cut randomly pieces. Big peaces to younger small peces to older children.
· You can make cards with short explanation of the painting. Some twelve pairs of them. Mixed up and distribute to children Than ask children to mach them by swapping them with others
· Same can be done with some 30 painting and other information on the subject as a power point presentation. A Caterpiller game*may be played. It is a fun game. A mix of a board game, Treasure Hunt and orienteering.
· You can use these paintings on JOTA or JOTI. You explain the drawing and ask the other party to find it. ( select photos from http://www.unep.bayer.com/en/international-children_s-painting-competiti...)
· You may play Bingo using paintings as bingo numbers. ( You need a projector to to display the slides as a ppt set. If this is not possible you may use A3 prints on a flipchart board.
· They are always usefull to decorate presentation
· The best thing is to display the winner’s and your Drawings after competition finalized on World Environment day.
Deserts and Desertification, Climate Change, Biodiversity,Forests, Green Communities, Water and Seas were main themes on recent years
Also you may use YUNGA-FAO Badge curriculums which are parallel for build up knowladge culture awareness on these issues before making the drawing.
The drawings are available on internet UNEP znd Tunza web sites
FROM WEB SITE
Children’s pictures are challenges to environmental degradation
The painting competition invites children from around the world between the ages of 6 and 14 to illustrate their own personal view of the environment – their wishes, fears and hopes. It is organized every year by UNEP, Bayer, the Japanese Foundation for Global Peace and Environment and Nikon.
UNEP boss Achim Steiner (right) and Dirk Frenzel, Bayer Communications, presented the prize certificate to International Childrens’ Painting Competition on the Environment 2011 winner Trisha Co Reyes (13) from the Philippines at the environmental youth summit in Bandung, Indonesia.
The paintings show just how aware children are of the dangers that environmental degradation presents for the Earth and humanity. Due to its paramount importance, climate change was the focus of attention of the painting competition in 2007, 2008 and 2009. In 2010 the paintings dealt with the global challenges of protecting biodiversity. In 2011 the theme was “Green Communities”. 2012 it was The focus of the running competition 2012 is “Water: Source of Life. Where does it come from?” Closing date for entries is February 28, 2013. For more information click here.
The global winner (1st and 2 nd prize) and regional winners from the six world regions Europe, Africa, North America, Latin America & the Caribbean, West Asia and Asia Pacific are chosen by a jury and are honored at an international ceremony. They receive attractive cash and non-cash prizes. http://www.unep.bayer.com/en/22nd-Children_s-Painting-Competition.aspx
Click here for galleries with the best pictures from the previous seven competitions. http://www.unep.bayer.com/en/22nd-Children_s-Painting-Competition.aspx
Please let us know your participation with country city scout or youth community title to mark our worldvide map here
the service hour is estimated as 5 hours avarage to make a sound painting and t,ime will say participant number