متي الأحد, سبتمبر 1, 2013 to السبت, سبتمبر 7, 2013
عدد المشاركين: 42
ساعات الخدمة 2 352
Peace and Leadership Project
2. سبتمبر 2013
Every year thousands of Primary School Head Teachers from across the country gather for the Annual Delegates Conference of the Kenya Primary School Heads Association (KEPSHA). The 9th edition of the conference will take place from 1st to 7th September 2013 in the coastal city of Mombasa. The annual gathering brings together over 10, 000 teachers and other stakeholders in the education sector. Top government officials including the President or Deputy President, cabinet secretaries among others are also expected to attend. The theme of the conference shall be “Peace and Leadership”.
Kenya Scouts Association seeks to take advantage of this opportunity to promote the Messengers of Peace initiative to the teachers and education stakeholders in Kenya and to showcase the Scouting movement’s contribution to peace building and the development of young people to play a constructive role in society.
The main aim is to create awareness and motivate the teachers to want to initiate of support existing scouting activities, to embrace and use the Messengers of Peace initiative to drive peace building activities in their schools to complement formal curriculum education.
This opportunity has been availed to KSA by the Ministry of Education through the Child Friendly Schools Initiative which is spearheaded by UNICEF Kenya Country Office.
During the one week event Messengers of Peace Kenya will undertake the following activities at the venue of the conference.
1. Awareness creation through a plenary presentation and one-on-one discussions
2. Distribution of promotional material (ribbons, posters, brochures and booklets) for Messengers of Peace and Scouting
3. Online registration of individuals on the global Messengers of Peace platform
4. Seek for partnerships to support Messengers of Peace in Kenya
5. Conduct written and audio-visual interviews on the place of education in promoting peace and leadership among young people for the production of “Voices of Peace” video to promote MoP.
By the end of the Project it is anticipated that the following outcomes shall be achieved
1. Primary Schools head teachers will have an increased understanding of Messengers of Peace initiative thus creating a good atmosphere for the roll out of MoP in schools
2. An improved image and profile of scouting among school heads thus increased support for scouting activities in schools
3. At least 2500 conference participants registered on www.scoutmessengers.org