As we are the scout group called "İZDOS" from İzmir - Turkey,
we had included Ocean's Challenges international program in our summer camp called "0 to Sea". During 7 day camp, with 70 participants, we had made 7 activities dealing with that program.
1) we opened an exhibition about sea creatures, types of ships,..etc
2) we had a race of model sail boats in a artifical pool. Firtly that pool was created with sand, pochette, stone than cub scouts had competed by blowing to reach the finish.
3) An enjoyable activity station, making boat by using cardboard and paints. Patrols had created their own boats and they used them on the sea.
4) A memory game formed by double sea creature pictures was played during camp. Scouts had tried to find couple before other competitor finds.
5) there was a boat trip to several important coasts. Scouts had learned the different shapes of coast lines, caves, and some information about oceans during trip.
6) Scout Race track , during camp it was a big challenge and adventure for all patrols. they competed everyday on that track which had finish in the sea.
7) On sea times, every participant had found different sea creatures and they informed everbody about that creature such as sea urchin, sea star, shells, eels,...etc
Final day we had a camp fire on a sail on the sea also...