Rapid Response Initiative to recruit 1 million Scouts
15. مايو 2014
Scouting in Kenya started on 24th November 1910 and is the largest Youth Movement with over 500,000 Scouts and 40,000 Scout Leaders.
RAPID RESULTS INITIATIVE (RRI) TO RECRUITING 1 MILLION SCOUTS
The Kenya Scouts Association has developed a Rapid Response Initiative (RRI) to recruit 1 million Scouts by September 2014. The RRI which is part of the KSA 5 Year Strategic Plan 2013 – 2017 will include embarking on a mega nationwide Recruitment and Registration Drive and carry out different activities throughout the country to publicize Scouting.
The main Activities will include:
• Tree Planting – KSA in partnership with the Government and other like minded parties aims at planting 20 million trees as a gift of peace to the Kenyans.
• Exchange Programmes – where Scouts will interchange from Counties for peace building and community Service.
• Peace Marathons – Scouts will be involved in marathons for peace building and charity work, this will also be open to non Scouts.
• Peace Caravan Road Show – A peace caravan cross cutting the 10 Regions in Kenya to preach peace and register Scouts.
• Community Service – this will include clean ups, blood donation drives, charity work, children homes visitations, disaster response, peace camps, youth forums, music concerts, hospital visits, helping the aged, adult literacy campaigns, road and bridge construction, first aid training, building schools and homes for the aged as well as many other projects across the country.
Kenya Scouts Association has partnered with different stakeholders to help achieve this noble objective. Brand Kenya Board, Kenya Forestry Service, County Governments and National Bank are already in support of the initiative. The 20 Million trees (to be planted by 2017) will be a gift of peace to the Kenyans and is also part of the Government’s pledge of 50 Million Trees by 2017.
The RRI was launched on 28th March 2014 at Kenya Scouts Association Headquarters in Rowallan Scouts Camp, Nairobi.