World WATER DAY, Three weeks ahead
Check the action in your town. Participate if possible. Look to your country Post whatever you find on that event and post it here. İf guides and Scout participating try to get more info. Also it is time to post your events here as comments or to facebook. Don’t forget to post them on Worldmapview an same page.
You can make a poster or photo exhibition on water problems, or facts about water. Or use one in the attachments
Objectives of World Water Day in 2014
• Raise awareness of the inter-linkages between water and energy
• Contribute to a policy dialogue that focuses on the broad range of issues related to the nexus of water and energy
• Demonstrate, through case studies, to decision makers in the energy sector and the water domain that integrated approaches and solutions to water-energy issues can achieve greater economic and social impacts
• Identify policy formulation and capacity development issues in which the UN system, in particular UN-Water and UN-Energy, can offer significant contributions
• Identify key stakeholders in the water-energy nexus and actively engaging them in further developing the water-energy linkages
• Contribute as relevant to the post-2015 discussions in relation to the water-energy nexus.
Some simple things too
1. Make a water thamed drawing exhibition in your school,
2. Make 10x15 cm cards from related photos and play memory games
3. Print some of them on thick paper. Cut them small pieces and use as puzzle
4. Select important words about water and make word puzzles
5. Take a photo of puzzle pieces all but one out on a white paper. Ask them to find missing peace.
6. Select 12 Water related photo from different countries print them on 10x15 cm size and ask them to match photo with countries
7. Take another 12 photo from exhibition select very small details print on a A4 paper, ask them to fine photos on exhibition
8. Play snakes Ladders .But when a participant come to snake ask him question from exhibition. If she gets correct answer don’t send him back. When someone came to ladder. Ask s/he a question if you get a wrong answer keep s/he wait there for his next turn
9. Use your power point. Show it to children but ask a questions on some of the slides help them with quos . when he gets a correct reply give him e token.
10. Download and play Ramsar game from wetlands day
11. Find ten important water sawing. Make domino game
12. Download water related coloring pages Make Participants paint them
13. Water challenge curriculum of UN YUNGA has many games on it.
14. Play sherade with occupations related to water.
15. Play TABU game with words about water.
17. You can make beech clean up.
18. Calculate your water footprints
19. Make a water related service work for your community.
20. Post your activities on http://www.unwater.org/worldwaterday/events/worldwide-events/add-events/en/