The objectives of the project:
Improve mutual understanding and tolerance of the opinion of other brothers and sisters in Scouting during the development of a common educational programme for Scouts-members of NOSU-through training and workshops. The aim is to raise public awareness about the Scout Method as an educational method for young people through collaboration with the media and educational institutions.
Information and resource centres were created within the project in NOSU, which are called up to organise the work in Scout districts which, in turn, include the regional offices of NOSU. The project coordinators have been selected : Bocharnikov Viktor (1st Scout District), Natalia I. Remizov (2nd Scout District) Semenkov Anatoly (3rd Scout District), Zelinka Nazary (4th Scout District), Boiarskaia Nataliia (5th Scout District).
Within the project "Peace Platform: Scouting unites Ukraine" another Scout district with its centre in Ivano-Frankivsk (6 ckautsky District) has been chosen. The work is organised around the additional resources raised by NOSU. The coordinator of the centre in Ivano-Frankivsk is Stanislav Provalnui.
Coordinators of the Information and Resource Centres set the dates of the seminars:
- For the 1st Scout District (The Crimean Republic, Kherson oblast, city Sevastopol NOSU departments) - 8-9 September 2012 (information to be confirmed);
- For the 2nd Scout District (Kharkiv, Dnepropetrovsk, Donetsk, Lugansk, Zaporozhye regional offices of NOSU) - 4-5 August 2012;
- For the 3rd Scout District (Odessa, Nikolaev, Kirovograd regional departments of NOSU) - 8-9 September 2012 (information to be confirmed);
- For the 4th Scout District (Ternopil, Volyn, Rivne, Khmelnytsky oblast departments of NOSU) - 14-15 July 2012;
- For the 5th Scout District (Vinnitsa, Zhitomir, Cherkassy, Poltava, Sumy, Chernihiv, Kyiv oblast and Kiev city NOSU departments) - 7-8 July 2012;
- For the 6th Scout Disctrict (Ivano-Frankivsk, Zakrpatskoe, Lviv, Chernivtsi regional branch UPDF) - 8-9 September 2012 (information to be confirmed).
Chronology of the project "Peace Platform: Scouting unites Ukraine"
The presentation of the project has already taken place:
-28-29 April during the All-Ukrainian Scout Forum and Conference "Essential characteristics of Scouting" (Cherkasy region), about 1,500 participants;
- May 18, during the "Spring Festival" (Ternopil region), About 100 participants.
-30 May during the Jamboree for young Scouts, "The Call of the prairie" (Donetsk region), about 300 participants;
June 21-25 at the time of the Eurasian volunteer forum (Kiev), 35 participants from 8 countries.
Scouts decorate rooms and houses in 19 regions of Ukraine with "Scouting unites Ukraine" posters.
Sets of equipment for seminars and trainings have been sent to five information and resource centres.
The project is gathering pace!