According to some analysts, the Android platform currently leads the mobile phone market, accounting for approximately 60 percent of all smartphone shipments in the first half of 2012. Over half a million actual users are setting up a new Android phone or tablet for use each day. From today, every one of those users can keep up with what is happening in World Scouting by installing the new SCOUTS app for Android directly from the Google Play app store. And just like World Scouting’s SCOUTS app for iPhone, it's completely free!
Version 2.0 is a complete overhaul of the previous version, and has been in the works for around 6 months now.
* New Design
* Added Pull To Refresh Functionality throughout App
* All files are now cached in app and are available offline
* Library Documents now get downloaded in app and are stored on device SD Card. The app will attempt to open if PDF reader is installed. If a file is downloaded the 'Download Publication' button is changed to 'Open Publication'.
* Photos are now displayed in Higher quality
* Videos can now be played within app via YouTube
* Fixed Bug where the wrong duration was displayed for videos
* Implemented new Google Map API, which fixes error where maps would not load on device. This also needs the device to have Google Play Services installed.
* Added the option to prevent usage tracking
* Added the option to clear the download cache
* Stopped the app from closing when Hardware Back Button is pressed, Now have to double tap back to exit.
* Updated the link that is shared when sharing the app.