Charles Ng, our newly appointed Manager, Global Projects, has now fully integrated the Messengers of Peace (MoP) team at the World Scout Bureau Central Office and is supporting Regional Offices throughout project implementations. Also, Charles oversees project reporting and the online Newdea software tool. Welcome onboard Charles!
Recently approved MoP projects:
1. Africa Region: Quality Assured Scouting in Africa – a multi-year project to support consistent governance and programme activities across this dynamic Region.
2. Fiji: Reviewing Organizational Structure and Youth Program Toward Quality Scouting.
3. New Zealand: Sustainable Growth in Adult Leadership.
4. Kazakhstan: New Breath for Scouting – to enhance both leadership and growth within Scouting.
5. Romania: 100 years of Scouting, 100 years of Education, Hundreds of Romanian Messengers of Peace.
6. Mexico: Interamerican Environment Network – an ongoing regional effort led by Mexico to engage youth on important issues such as water, climate and sustainability.
Messengers of Peace on social media
Scouts worldwide are spreading their initiatives, projects and ideas on a social media Messengers of Peace network involving more than 50,000 people.
Social media refer to specific online means of interaction among people with the possibility to create, share, and exchange information and ideas in virtual communities. To benefit from this global virtual world, with no time or space boundaries, the MoP network is engaging and empowering all Scouts and non-Scouts by delivering daily contents through channels such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Google+, with news about projects, tips, tutorials, facts, and all types of information to help create a better world.
These social media work as a complement to our global platform, which is the main centre for MoP information and projects.
Just search for Scout Messengers of Peace and join our global network of peace builders.
Messengers of Peace network and online platform
The Messengers of Peace Network is now activated in the six Regions. Leaders and volunteers constantly upload projects and contents on the MOP platform, scoutmessengers.org, now reaching more than 11 million hours of service. The Messengers of Peace Facebook page has totalled more than 138 views this month with more than 6,000 fans.
Recent activities from the Global Network are listed as follows:
1. Africa Region: Southern zone MoP training.
2. Interamerican Region: MoP presented to general assemblies in different countries.
3. Asia-Pacific Region: Indonesia Peace camp with participants from all Regions.
4. European Region: MoP presented at the Regional Symposium and Agora.
5. Arab Region: MoP national coordinators trained their national teams.