To help Scouts to think about and form views on a subject.
• Developing Awareness
• Measuring change
• A selection of photographs on the chosen topic are gathered.
• Most of the photograph is covered up so that only a small section is showing.
• Scouts are then asked to share their views on what is happening in the photograph and how they feel about what they see.
• Once all the Scouts have shared their views the full photograph is revealed.
• Scouts are then asked to share their views on the full photograph and how the full picture is different from the small part.
• Ask the Scouts what can the learn from this which applies to their project?
The Scouts could go and take the photographs relating to their project and then repeat this exercise with others.