To help Scouts express their views and opinions and listen to the views and opinions of others.
• Identifying the problems
• Developing Awareness
• Measuring change
• Topics are chosen relating to the Gift for Peace on which the Scouts will have different experiences and opinions.
• Scouts sit in a circle.
• A token is chosen eg a ball, a doll, a stick.
• Only the person who is holding the token can talk.
• The token is passed from person to person around the circle so that each person can talk about their opinion of the topic.
• Other people, even when they are holding the token, may not comment on each others opinions.
• If someone does not want to speak on the topic, then they pass the token onto the next person in the circle.
• The Leader may help the discussions by providing the beginning of statements which the Scouts can finish eg:
My favourite _____ is …………
I didn’t like it when…………
I enjoy ____ because…………
If participants are not confident enough to speak up the leader could read statements and everyone who agrees or disagrees with the statement could swap places.