One of the worst natural disasters in the history of the Philippines hit the country on 9th November 2013. Typhoon Haiyan is one of the most powerful ever recorded in history and has caused severe loss of lives and devastated many cities, towns and villages across central Philippines. Tens of thousands have died and millions have been displaced from their homes and several Scouts and their families are deeply affected.
With over 1.5 million Scouts, Boy Scouts of the Philippines is one of the biggest members of the World Scouting family. Scouts from all over the country have reacted instantly to provide response and relief joining hands with various other organisations.
Scott Teare, Secretary General of World Scouting in his message to Honourable Jejomar C. Binay, the Vice-President of the Philippines and the President of Boy Scouts of the Philippines said this: “Our Scouts always respond with courage and determination – upholding the very basis of our Scout Oath: Duty to God; Duty to Country; Duty to Others; Duty to Self” assuring that over 40 million Scouts stand in solidarity with their Filipino brothers and sisters.
Scouts from around the world have expressed shock and grief, sending messages to their fellow Scouts in the Philippines. Requests have come in to set up a channel of support to help Filipino Scouts in their aid work through rebuilding and rehabilitation of the affected.
Here is your chance. Donate now and contribute to the efforts of Scouts in the Philippines to serve and achieve their ‘Duty to others’ and ‘Duty to country’.
Reports and images from how your donations have helped will be posted here.
We are pleased to be able to accept donations in US Dollars or Euros using any one of
To learn more about the rehabilitation work and help that Scouts are doing in the Philippines, you can read the following articles (updated regularly):
* Relief Operation by Scouts in the Philippines
* Scout kawang gawa for typhoon yolanda victim
* Super Typhoon Yolanda damaged lots of places
* Appeal for help to typhoon victims
* Soutenir les Scouts pour venir en aide aux victimes du typhon aux Philippines
* Philippine Scouts volunteer to re-pack relief goods
* Help Scouts provide relief in Philippines typhoon disaster
* Gift Giving Campaign for the Children affected by the typhoon
* Scouts support relief operations
* Scouts take action to help Haiyan victims
* National office staff of the Boy Scouts of the Philippines provide service
* World Scouting supports Scouts in rehabilitation post typhoon disaster in the Philippines