JOTA-JOTI 2011 - Logo Contest
The World Organization of the Scout Movement is hosting a contest to design the Logo of this year’s edition of the Jamboree-On-The-Air and Jamboree-On-The-Internet (JOTA - JOTI)
Scouts around the world are invited to submit their design. This logo will be the official logo of the event, but will also be used at the official badge to be worn by Scouts taking part in the 54th Jamboree-On-The-Air and the 15th Jamboree-On-The-Internet that will be held on the 15-16 October 2011.
You can start uploading your design on this page http://www.facebook.com/JOTA.JOTI.Logo.Contest or send it by e-mail to . You can start voting for your favorite design on the same page, by using the "LIKE" link below each picture.
The design competition has now ended you can discover the winner here
Facebook users will be invited to vote for their favorite badge, the ten most popular badges will then be submitted to a jury of volunteers and professionals in Scouting for the final selection process.
Step 1: Follow the rules
- The theme of the competition is:
Peace, Environment and Natural Disasters
Your design for the badge should reflect this theme.
To be accepted the logo must display:
- The short name of the Event
|JOTA - JOTI|
- The official name in English and French
54th Jamboree On The Air / 54e Jamboree Sur les Ondes
15th Jamboree On the Internet / 15e Jamboree Sur Internet
- The dates of the event in English and French
|15 -16 October / Octobre 2011|
- The World Scout Emblem (in purple)
- Your logo for the badge must fit in to a space of 6cm x 6cm (square badge).
- The size of your file (PNG or PDF) should be below 3Mb.
Please refer to designs of previous years to have an idea of how the elements can be displayed.
Designs, which do not respect the rules, will be removed from the Facebook group.
Step 2: Be creative
- Create your badge design.
- When your design is ready, go to WOSM’s Facebook page and follow the instructions to upload your badge .
- You can upload your design from 1st to 30th April 2011.
Step 3: Create the Buzz
- Step 1 and 2 are the only essential steps. However, you can tell us more about your creative process by making a small video explaining how you came up with your design.
- Invite your friends to vote for your design on Facebook so that Scouts around the world can decide which designs will be presented to the jury.
Step 4: The winner
- The jury will choose the winner among the 10 designs that received the most votes.
About the Jury
The jury will follow the process and review the 10 most popular designs.
The winner will be chosen on the following criteria:
Composition, Creativity, Technique, Visual appeal and Overall impression
The World Scout Bureau’s Graphic designer will help the winner to adapt the design and adjust the logo for the final production of the badges.
The prizes will be announced at the same time as the winners.
Be part of the innovation!