Organisational Development Workshop
The OD model and its “disciplines” were presented during the Academy 2011 in Paris. The model was well received and prompted some useful discussion by the participants. We have now prepared a workshop for NSOs to help them to explore the model, its relevance to their organisation and how this could help them to progress their strategic development and growth. The first time we run the workshop will be February 2012, this event is open to NSOs who are interested in it right now and later it will be available on request.
The Workshop aims are :
- To introduce the organisational development model as an agenda for change and development
- To receive input and greater understanding of the underlying models and issues associated with the “disciplines”
- To carry out a SWOT analysis of the NSO – using the “disciplines” as an agenda
The workshop objectives are:
- To create a realistic and inspirational vision for the future
- To identify a broad action plan focussed on areas of key development
- To agree next steps - six months timescale.
- To agree an individual plan for influencing and motivating change in participants’ NSO
- To agree a plan for support in taking the next actions
10th – 12th February 2012
Participants are requested to arrive on 10th FEBRUARY in the afternoon. The departures are from 12th FEBRUARY starting at 13:00
The Workshop will take place in the Hopper Jeugdverblijf Scoutel, Stoomstraat 3, 2018 Antwerp, Belgium. The venue offers twin rooms, triple rooms and 4-persons rooms, all with showers, catering and plenary and small working rooms.
Broad programme would be
- Friday 10th February – arrivals and introduction
- Saturday 11th February – overview of the OD model followed by inputs and practical sessions based on the “disciplines”
- Sunday 12th February – working on action plan for participants respective NSO with dedicated support and agreeing a six month plan
Follow-up – after the workshop, the Core Group members will contact each team regularly via skype to monitor progress, offer support and motivation and ongoing tailored support
The Workshop will be held in English.
- Aimed at small teams of people from NSO (2 to 4 is ideal)
- Ideally key national or regional stakeholders in an NSO who are committed to change
- Participants agree to answer a questionnaire about their NSO and take part in skype call before the workshop
- Clear evaluation processes to be in place to ensure improvements made in subsequent events (if any)
- To use a “learning by example” approach based on best practices from other NSOs and similar organisations.
Number of participants
The event is designed to accept up to 40 participants.
If you wish to participate in the Organisational Developement Workshop 2012 please fill in online application form
The online application form should be submitted by 6th January 2012.
After the application deadline, a list of participants will be sent to International Commissioners for their approval.
The participation fees is:
Twin room 120 Euros per person
Triple room 110 Euros per person
4-persons room 110 Euros per person
The fee covers all accommodation and meals from the evening of Friday 10th February to lunch on Sunday 12th February 2012. It also covers all programme materials and documentation.
The fee does not cover travel costs from the country of residence to Hopper Scoutel in Antwerp, Belgium.
Bank connections and details for paying the seminar participation fee will be reported to all participants by the Workshop acceptance letter.
The WOSM - European Region does not cover the participants during the event neither during the travel to or from the venue. Please note that this is the exclusive responsibility of the national association to check and be sure that the participants are covered by an insurance (illness, accidents, repatriation etc…)
- Maeliosa DeBuitlear, ODCG Coordinator, Dublin, Ireland
- Stephen Peck, Gilwell Park, United Kingdom,
- Matthias Gerth, Winterthur, Switzerland
- Rose-Marie Henny, WSB - European Regional Office
If you need any further information please contact Rose-Marie HENNY, Director for Organisational Development at the European Regional Office in Geneva on e-mail: .
More information about the event in the official invitation (English and French):