Scouting Profile Sub-Committee
• To assist in enhancing the desired image and visibility of Scouting.
• To strengthen communication strategy and tools for internal and external audiences.
• To assist in ensuring that the Scout Movement responds to the needs of young people where it is not currently having an impact.
Responsibilities of the Sub-Committee
• Contributes to the implementation of the Regional Plan 2009-2012, specifically in Scouting Profile
• Conducts workshops, seminars and other events related to the strategic area.
• Serves as an advisory body to the Asia-Pacific Regional Scout Committee on all matters relating to the strategic area.
Responsibilities of individual members
All members have collective responsibilities as per the sub-committee’s terms of reference. However, they are also entrusted with individual responsibilities.
Responsibilities of all members
• Communicate amongst themselves and with the regional office on matters related to the work in the sub-committee.
• Participate in relevant regional and world events.
• Attend committee meetings.
• Bear travel costs when attending events or meeting, or arrange sponsorships such travel costs.
• Demonstrate high standards of conduct.
Responsibilities of Chairman
• Chairs all sub-committee meetings.
• Leads the sub-committee in achieving objectives.
• Coordinates with the regional office in conducting meetings and in carrying out projects of the sub-committee
• Evaluates the performance of committee members
• Submits periodic progress report to the APR Scout Committee
• Represents the sub-committee in Regional Scout Committee meetings on invitation.
Responsibilities of Vice Chairmen
• Supports the Chairman in his responsibilities and acts on specific responsibilities assigned to him.
Responsibilities of Advisor
• Acts as the link between the APR Scout Committee and the sub-committee.
• Regularly communicates and provides personal support and motivation to the Chairman and other members.
• Represents the sub-committee in the absence of a sub-committee representative in meetings or events.
Terms of Office
The sub-committee works for a period of three years (conference to conference). The members of the Committee will work through WSB/APR office and will be responsible to the APR Scout Committee.
The sub-committee is expected to meet at least once a year. However, the sub-committee may meet more than once if required. Normally meetings are conducted for one full day, except for working meetings where more days may be required. Meetings are usually arranged during a relevant event so as to maximize time and resources, as well as to make it an opportunity for members to serve as resource persons or staff, or to participate.
Prior arrangements are made with host the NSOs to extend free hospitality (inland transport, accommodation and food) during the event/meeting to the committee members and arrange for facilities and side programs (tour, socials etc.).
Seven (7) members shall make the quorum of a meeting with the current membership of 15 members, including the Young Adult member. If the Chairman and the Vice Chairmen are absent, the members present will decide the Chair of the Meeting. The Advisor, the Ex-Officio member, and APR Staff are not counted.
Note: This Terms of Reference is revised in accordance with the responsibilities as assigned for the new committee organization for the period 2009-2012.